Do you think taking poly iron will help heart racing? Is oxygen saturation connected to hemoglobin level?

Do you think taking one poly iron 150 capsule a day will help me to feel better soon? I feel like my heart is beating too fast and short of breath. My oxygen saturation is 98-99%. I have been taking one poly iron 150 capsule a day since XXXXXXX 21, 2012. Five weeks ago my hemoglobin was 9.8. On May 25, 2012, I started taking fer-in-sol liquid drops, but, only about 7.5 mg iron a day. I took that everyday until XXXXXXX 14, 2012. So that was about 21 days. My period was from XXXXXXX 14, 2012 to about XXXXXXX 18, 2012, normal to moderate flow. I weigh 87lbs, 5'4", 30 years old. I am forcing myself to eat at least 1,438 calories a day to maintain my weight. I have a fast pulse of 98-100bpm. It feels liks I am having fast or irregular heart beat. I went to the doctor, got an EKG, the doctor says my EKG was perfect. My thyroid levels are normal too.
Posted Thu, 12 Jul 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 8 hours later

You are mildly anaemic and the dose of Iron you are taking is actually prophylactic or food supplement dose.

To get good results you should get therapeutic doses of Iron orally that your physician will know.

Oxygen Saturation is not related to Hemoglobin (Hb) level at all, it only reflects the % of saturated Hb whatever the level is.

Similarly heart rate can be also high for many other reasons, I would say get a Holter monitoring if there is a transient cardiac arrhythmias producing palpitations.

You are a bit underweight, improve you protein and energy intake to build a good general health.

I hope that clears your queries. Please do write back in case you have further follow up queries.