Do you think I might have chronic inflammation on cervix?

Excellent
Question
I am 29 year old female and I was in relationship from 2011-2012 with my boyfriend. Since 2012 I am not in any kind of relationship. In XXXXXXX 2013, pap smear report said: “Inflammatory cervical smears and No Dysplatic/malignant cells seen”. My doctor confirmed that I do not have STD and I should not worry at all and should forget about it after taking the medicine course. In XXXXXXX 2014, (exactly after an year), I went for an ultrasound due to discomfort in stomach. Ultrasound report says: “2 cysts in cervix, Most probably Nabothian cysts, largest is 5X4mm”. I got a pap smear done. Pap smear report is exactly the same as 1 year back, it says: “Inflammatory cervical smears and No Dysplatic/malignant cells seen”. My doctor has given me, Candid-Cl, FAS-3 kit, Ecoflora and a feminine wash. My doctor said that we need to find out whether this infection is chronic. After taking the medicines, I still feel little itching rarely. I have following questions before I get married (to another person). Do you think I might have chronic inflammation on cervix? What are the chances? Inflammation was detected in 2013 and it might have been present since 2012. It is present now as well. If, yes, can it be treated effectively though medicines? I do not want to go through a surgery. Have the cysts come due to the inflammation? Why didn’t the inflammation heal the first time (i.e. 1 year back, doctor assured me to not worry)? Will it affect my married life in any way? I am abroad now and I am very frustrated and depressed thinking over these questions.
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: You should not worried about this problem. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. With all the information given by you is suggestive of chronic inflammation of cervix because with regular treatment infection of cervix is still present. Yes, inflammation of cervix can be treated effectively through medication so you should not worried about it and consult some good doctor and took treatment accordingly. Usually, cyst is because of infection only but it can be there due to other causes also. Sometimes infection may not go away with single treatment regime. I have seen so many patient which respond to multiple treatment regime for chronic inflammation of cervix and In my opinion you should not stuck on medical tretment if surgical treatment advisable in your case(as advice by your treating doctor) please do the same because this infection may create some problem in future pregnancies. So please complete your treatment and do not worried about your future. Get married. My best wishes with you. Happy married life. I think I have answered your query if you have further questions I will be happy to help you. Good luck. Regards Dr. Richa

Follow-up: Do you think I might have chronic inflammation on cervix? 25 minutes later
Thanks Doctor for your reply and wishes. I had finished the medicine course (candid-cl, Fas 3 kit and ecoflora) 4 days before getting periods. After periods, I have noticed that my vaginal discharge has become transparent in color. Before medicine course, it was white in color. I hope this is not an issue. Do you suggest any food or diet which would help me in treatment of inflammation on cervix? Thanks.

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Diet contain maximum antioxtidant. Detailed Answer: Hi, Nice to see you again. Yes, if your discharge in transparent in color it seems that your infection is subside but chances of reinfection are always been there. To prevent infection diet which contain maximum antioxidant should be taken. High fibre and high protein diet prefer with low carbohydrate diet. With diet restriction you should do some yoga. Maintain pelvic hygiene. If you are satisfied with my answer please close the query or rate the answer or if are having further questions i will be happy to help you. Good luck. Regards Dr. Richa

Follow-up: Do you think I might have chronic inflammation on cervix? 14 hours later
Thank you so much Doctor for your reply. I really want to get well soon hence, asking so many questions. One last question is, if I get married and involve in sexual activities while I still have the infection, 1) will it cause a problem to my husband? 2) Should I wait for infection to heal and then get married? Thank you so much.

Brief Answer: You can get married Detailed Answer: Hi, I know your problem and concern. In my opinion get married and leave these problem for time being. As our previous discussion you said your discharge is transparent so I feel your infection is under control. This is true that infection can be transmitted to your husband also but always use condom for protection of your husband. So please do not worry. Go ahead and enjoy your married life. Please do not hesitate in asking questions I am always here for you to answer your questions and help you. Good luck. Regards Dr. Richa

Follow-up: Do you think I might have chronic inflammation on cervix? 7 hours later
Just one last question doctor. Just curious to know that with this infection of my kind, is it ok to RECEIVE an oral sex? Does it cause any harm to the partner? Thanks a lot Doctor for your time and patience.

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Oral sex should be avoided. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your question. If possible you should avoid oral sex because chances of infection are more with oral sex and because you are having vaginal infection chances of infection to your partner is increased. You can do oral sex but you should maintain proper hygiene and precaution should be taken that he is not having any cut or ulcer in his mouth. I think you are satisfied with my answer. Good luck. Regards Dr. Richa

Follow-up: Do you think I might have chronic inflammation on cervix? 20 hours later
Hello Doctor, Actually I received oral sex from my fiance when I had this infection. He did not have any cuts or ulcers in his mouth. What are the chances he might also develop some infection? If yes, please tell what kind of infections he may develop? Should he go to Doctor or not? Generally, what are the precautions to take during oral sex? I am worried about him as well.

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes he may consult a doctor. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. Yes, chances of infection are very high with oral sex.(otherwise also) He may develop gonorrhoea, herpes, chlamydia and even HIV also. If he developed symptoms of infection he must consult a doctor. In my opinion you should always use condom to prevent infection because oral cavity is full with harmful bacteria. Maintain oral and vaginal hygiene properly. Immediately wash your private parts with water. Take high protein and healthy diet. Good luck. Regards Dr.Richa

Follow-up: Do you think I might have chronic inflammation on cervix? 12 hours later
Hi Doctor, what are the possible symptoms he should look for? Thank you

Brief Answer: Symptoms are discribed below..... Detailed Answer: Hi, He should watch out for itching, redness, foul smelling discharge with change in color of discharge, fever, oral ulcers/blisters, sorethroat and enlarged lymph nodes. Sometime pain can accompany these symptoms. He should report to a doctor if any of these or other suspicious symptoms develop. Regards Dr.Richa