Do vaginal polyps affect pregnancy ?

I just had an vaginal ultrasoudn & I was told I have polyps in my uterus. Around the area the egg implants. She suggested I get a D &C. But I want to know if I can get pregnant naturally or I will need medical intervention.
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Infertility Problem
Follow-up: Do vaginal polyps affect pregnancy ? 3 minutes later
I would like to know if I can get pregnant naturally AFTER I get the polyps removed or would I need medical intervention like IUI or IVF.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 5 minutes later
Hi Toggie,

Polyps won't affect getting pregnant. Though it might hamper implantation, as pointed by your doctor.

Removal of the polyps is a fairly simple procedure.

After removal of the polyps, if you have normal ovulation and patent tubes, then there is no reason that you cannot get pregnant naturally.

IUI/IVF is only an option if you have ovulation problems.

Hope you are satisfied with my answer. If you have any additional queries, I am available for follow ups.