Do sub serous fibroid in uterus cause problem in concieving?

My uterus is slightly bulky (9.5 * 6.67 * 5.97 ) cm approx. endometrium thickness = 8.9 mm. a well defined heterogenous echotextural intramural -> sebserous fibroid (6.18 *6.03 cm approx). arising from posterior wall in fundus region. it does not indents or obliterate the uterine cavity. I am planing to have a baby. is there going to be a problem in concieving? if I conceive then would there be any complicacies.? this report is based on USG done on 23 XXXXXXX 2014. I have 28 day cycle period. without heavy bleeding and minimal cramps.
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in Women Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: No problem in concieving. Need expert opinion Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for using XXXXXXX I went through the query and understood your concern. With the ultrasound findings the sub serous fibroid wont give any problem in conceiving and you can plan for pregnancy but this fibroid can give complications like red degeneration most commonly in 2nd trimester and present as acute abdomen. That is usually treated with mild pain killer. It wont affect the growth of baby or during delivery as it is present in fundus region. I advice you to get examined by your obstetrician once and get his/her expert opinion once before planning for pregnancy. Hope this information helps you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them. Wish you good health and faster recovery. Regards
Follow-up: Do sub serous fibroid in uterus cause problem in concieving? 13 minutes later
what is red degeneration ? As I am working. Do i need to be extra careful (like be in bed rest etc ) if I concieve with this kind of a fibroid ?
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 21 hours later
Brief Answer: Bedrest is not necessary for uncomplicatd fibroid Detailed Answer: Hi thanks for follow up query. Red degeneration is a type of degeneration of fibroid seen in pregnancy, exact cause is not know, mainly due to changes in vascular supply to fibroid during pregnancy. Red degeneration not seen in all pregnancy, Is one of the possible changes in fibroid during pregnancy. Strict bed rest is not necessary, normal sedentary work can be done in normal uncomplicated pregnancy. Fibroid as it is situated in upper part not going to affect much. hope this information helps you, feel free to ask further queries. Regards