Do seizures, hypersomnia and Multiple Sclerosis have anything in common?

Do seizures, hypersomnia and m.s. have anything in common to maybe ms be the major factor?
Posted Mon, 4 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into the query I would like to tell you that if by MS you mean mutiple sclerosis then yes seizures can be because of this plus what lapses you say in cognition like difficulty in understanding can be attributed to MS as as it affects the white matter . Plus it also depends on focus of seizures in brain as sometimes seizures also lead to cognitive decline .

Hyprersomnia can be unrelated as you have it since childhood . In my opinion MS is the main disease .

DR. Shruti