Do regular workout, occasionally feel tingling in hands, numbness in fingers, shoulder and neck area. Reason?

Question
I'am 61 years old in good health but high stress do Bikram hot yoga and ride my bike 10 + miles 1 to twice a week yoga 2 to 3 times week past couple of days have had some tingling in my hands and some minor numbness also in my fingers. Also some numb areas for some time on left thigh, and some times upper right shoulder neck area
I do not have migraines or frequent headaches
Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2013 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 3 hours later
Thanks for the query
I have noted your medical problem
The causes of such numbness in various areas of body can happen due to
1. Low calcium 2. Thyroid problem and 3. Diabetes
You need these tests to find out the cause. A neurological examination will be required to assess if there are any specific nerves are involved or not. Based upon this examination data, we will plan for other investigations like nerve conduction test and/or MRI of the neck area which can present in this way. Once the because and the diagnosis are clear, treatment will be easy
Please get back if you need any other information
Best wishes

Follow-up: Do regular workout, occasionally feel tingling in hands, numbness in fingers, shoulder and neck area. Reason? 11 hours later
ok will schedule the recommended tests, and get back to you with the results

Thank You

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 19 hours later
Thanks
Let me know if you need any other information
Best wishes