Do regular exercise but diagnosed with high Creatinine and cholesterol. Cause?

I am a female 78 years of age, 5'5", 150 lbs.,on no medication, exercise regularly including 2 sessions (1/2 hr.) of weight bearing (up to 10 lbs. in each hand). I have no symptoms or distress when exercising I am a little concerned as a recent blood test revealed a CK level of 179. (My cholesterol is slightly elevated at 5.7, LDL 3.4, HDL is 1.9, Triglyercides 0.8 with a ratio of 3.0. Glucose fasting 5.4.) Should I have further testing re the elevated CK level? XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 9 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Borderline elevation of blood tests

Detailed Answer:
There is a borderline elevation of values of Creatinine kinase and lipid profile.
The fasting blood sugar is under normal limit.

Considering your age, the borderline increase in the values may be age related and need not be worried, if there are no associated symptoms.

Trying to bring the values to normal may pose some health problems.

However, there are certain medical conditions like myocardial infarction, hypothyroidism and myopathy, which may cause elevation of these values.
Consult your doctor and get those conditions ruled out.

You may repeat the test for creatinine kinase to compare with the previous value.
If the value increases, then it is a cause for concern.
Hope the answer helps you.