Do perforations in the septum require surgery?

Question
hi again doctor.curently my septal perforation is whistling and there is some dryness.how long should i let it heal to know if this is permanent or not.it has been about one week now,
Posted Sun, 19 Nov 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Shinas Hussain 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Spontaneous closure is very unlikely. Surgical correction is needed .

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting Healthcaremagic.
I have gone through your query and I can understand your concerns.
Perforations in the septum do not typically heal on their own. Surgical correction is the best chance at fixing them. Consult an ENT surgeon and he will explain various treatment options. As of now pay particular attention to good nasal hygiene including daily nasal saline and vaseline to the perforation to keep it moist
Wishing you good health
Thanks