Do my symptoms indicate decrease in kidney function ?

I have been diagnoised with IGA Nephropathy 2 years ago. I am a women, age 39 years. My kidney function has been fine up to now and my blood pressure is controlled by 10mg of Ramipril every day and 2.5mg of CoAmilofruse as I get quite bad fluid retention. I am not due to see my kidney consultant until July but wondering if I should request an earlier visit as feeling increasingly unwell the last 3 weeks. My memory is shot to bits, Im forgetting things really easily to the point were my chidlren have noticed, I constantly get confused in sentances when im talking. My hands remain swollen despite the diuretics I take daily without fail, the last 4 days I have had constant headaches and my BP has been on the low side. I am also either retaining huge amounts of fluid - up to 4 lb in a day and then loosing it the next. Do you think these are indicators of possible decrease in my kidney function or does it indicator a more simple explanation? kind regards, XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. R.V.Sirisha Rani 8 hours later
Hi Waters

Yes these possibly warrant a better kidney evaluation by Nephrologist. You should preschedule your appointment. If not possible see an MD in XXXXXXX Medicine at least to do a preliminary round of testing.

IgA nephropathy is a kidney disorder in which antibodies to a protein called IgA build up in kidney tissue.
You need the following tests.
1.     Serum Creatinine and Blood Urea Nitrogen (BUN)
2.     Urinalysis.
You have to restrict intake of Salt &fluid (Such as water, beverages etc) and protein also in moderate amounts only.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.
Wish you Good Health.