Do my smyptoms indicate that I have HIV ?

I took a HIV DNA PCR test along with a regular HIV1/2 test, and a 8 panel screen after 32 days past exposure. all came back negative. Should i still worry i have HIV?? im having episodes of throat tightness, stinging under armpits and above penis. i also have little specks of unexplained bruising on my hip, and feeling burning on my skin all over my body. are these possibly symptoms of hiv and the tests were both wrong?
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 19 minutes later
Hello and thank you for your query.

Let me provide you with some information and reassurance regarding your query. Let me tell you with confidence that if the tests you reported were performed 32 days after exposure then you can rely almost 100% on the fact that you do NOT have HIV.

Please do not worry anymore that you might have HIV. More than likely you have some other common viral syndrome which can cause throat swelling among other symptoms. I do think, however, that you should see your physician for some screening blood work to make sure that your blood counts, electrolytes and kidney/liver functions are within normal limits.

More than likely, all of these symptoms will resolve with supportive care - rest, hydration, relaxation, healthy diet and exercise. Please focus on those things for now as well as visiting with your doctor.

Again, HIV is not a consideration for you - you completed adequate screening which is negative.

Thank you for submitting your query. I hope you have found my response to be both adequate and informative. Should you have additional questions, I am available to address them.

Dr. Robert
Follow-up: Do my smyptoms indicate that I have HIV ? 1 hour later
So my other symptoms could be something else? Maybe anxiety??
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 minutes later

Yes indeed, something else like anxiety is certainly a possible explanation. A common Flu or viral fever can also be the reason.I hope you have consulted your doctor.

Try not to focus on the symptoms so much and work on getting good rest, healthy exercise and maintaining a good diet. Relaxation and yoga may also help.

I am confident that within a week or two you will feel much much better.

Again I thank you for your query. I hope you have found confidence and reassurance in my answer.

again I am available should you have additional concerns.

Dr. Galamaga