Do my blood reports suggest cirrhosis from drinking ?

Hello, I am worried I may have cirrohsis from drinking. I drank pretty heavy for 7 years and have recently quit. I had 2 liver function test all normal range the last one was Nov. 20th 2010. I had a few relapses but have not touched a drink in 3 months. I feel different and have a blood vessel on my upper torso along with red palms that seem to come and go. Last test platelets were 206, alkalie phosphatase 83, albumin serum 4.5, globulin 2.4, AST 20, ALT 37, protein 6.9, MCV 95, glucose serum 97, hemoglobin 16.2. My Dr. thought I was ok but I feel different. The symptoms really concern me.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

if you have not touched a drink in last three months then actually you are O.K.
Your liver function tests are also suggesting that your liver is functioning normally.
Feeling of having red palms is because of peripheral vasodilatation which is more common in alcoholics but can happen due to other reasons also. There is nothing abnormal in it.
I think you consider about going for a psychotherapy which can helpyou in overcoming the doubts in your mind.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.

Follow-up: Do my blood reports suggest cirrhosis from drinking ? 13 hours later
Dr. XXXXXXX Tayal,

I also have been constipated with some strange stools and the blood vessel is a great concern. I just feel strange like something may be going on. Anychanve this is from not having alcohol or could it be cirrohsis despite the test results. I hope the test would have concluded I had a problem then. I haven't drank mch at all sisnce the last test and nothing in 3 months. I'm verry stressed out over this. Is there anything I should ask the My Dr. or futher blood test that can be done?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

In case of cirrhosis of liver you cannot have normal blood test reports specially of all the liver function tests. You will have to take this out of your mind about the doubt of having a liver cirrhosis.

Suffering from constipation is not a big deal and is not related to any vascular abnormalities.You can take any OTC available laxative to treat your problem.

Wish You Good Health.