Do masturbate frequently, now penis is not much hard. Any problem in sperm count?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2016
Mar 2016
Excellent

OBGYN
Question
Sir i Masturbate every alternate day is that ok .in one month i masturbate atlest 20 days i feel that my penis is not that much hard it is getting softer so what should i do to control it i m 24 years old and in 1 year i m getting married so in my sex life and in sperm count is there any problam because of masturbation please help me out
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Masturbation is a healthy habit. No future problem

Detailed Answer:

First of all, masturbation is a completely healthy habit and you should not stressed up your mind. However, it is not a good idea to addict with that and stop other day to day activity.

Second thing, sperm count and sexual relationship after marriage do not get affected from this habit. Just relax and think positively.

Follow this guideline to get effective result with above condition:

1) Do masturbation as you need to release sexual pressure, tension or anxiety. It is better to not do at regular interval as some times need to increase semen volume and get better sexual response.

2) Divert your mind by watching movies, reading books, surfing internet, stay in friend circle and spend more time with them. Give more concentration with the things you like most.

3) Quit smoking and alcohol if you have the habit or give certain limitation. Both can hamper sexual life after marriage.

4) You must take healthy balanced diet and eat more fresh fruits or green vegetables. Avoid fatty or fast foods.

5) Take Multivitamin (Specially Vitamin-A, E & C) and Zinc, Selenium, L-arginine, L-carnitine supplements with diet. Pea nut, sunflower seeds, almonds, broccoli, dairy product, shellfish, egg, meat, sesame seeds, brussels sprouts etc are good source of above said nutrients. Coenzyme Q-10 and cold water and maintain personal hygiene.

7) Certain factors like hot working place, chemical exposure, cigarette smoking, tight fitting underwear, pollution, excessive alcohol, radiation, hypertension, diabetes etc are to be eliminated.

8) Drink plenty of water/ fluids (2.5 -3 lit daily) to stay hydrated and active all time. Also you need to avoid mental stress/ psychological upset by regular deep breathing exercise (20-30 times) or yoga.

Lastly, if you really feel that your penis does not erect much or have erectile dysfunction, then you should have to consult with XXXXXXX for overall clinical examination and proper medication. Sildenafil or tadalafil group of drug can be given to treat this kind of patients.

Hope, above information is quite helpful to you. Kindly, close the discussion in case of not having other query.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Do masturbate frequently, now penis is not much hard. Any problem in sperm count? 26 minutes later
Thank you doc you had setisfied me through your answer sir
Thank you so much
And the problam in penis is that when i didnt masturbate 4 years back my penis was hard enough but when i started masturbate my penis is not that much harder iit is softer but harder i hope u understand what i want to say and yes i drink and smoke 1 time in a week and i also have a bad habbit of chewing gutkas i tried lot to leave gutkas but i cant help me out from this a year back i leave gutka for one month but after that i started again so help me out please

Answered by Dr. S Patra 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Chewing tobacco should be stopped.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for follow up and I understand your concern.

1) Follow my previous guideline to solve masturbation and erection related problem. Gear up your mind and think positively.

2) Chewing tobacco is a very bad habit and you need to quit it at the earliest. It has relative risk of developing oral cancer in future and is common in India.

I suggest you to contact with Psychology Counselor or addiction specialist to address your current problem and proper management. You must do this.

Hope, it will be helpful for you. Kindly, close the discussion.

All the best. Good luck.

Dr Soumen