Do laxatives affect Nexplanon birth control implants?

Do laxatives affect nexplanon birth control implants? I have taken Dulcolax women tablets for 2 days and I wanted to be sure there was no side effects. thank you!
Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Bhagyashree.B 1 hour later
Brief Answer: no significant effect Detailed Answer: Dear XXXX Thanks for writing. The nexplanon implants are progesterone implants for contraceptive effect. The dulcolax medication is a laxative and non hormonal. It's effect on contraception action of nexplanon is minimal or absent. Hope this was useful. Please write back if any query. Thanks DR Bhagyashree.
Follow-up: Do laxatives affect Nexplanon birth control implants? 1 hour later
what kind of minimal affects do the laxatives have on the implant? should I sustain from sexual contact for a number of days or am I ok?
Answered by Dr. Bhagyashree.B 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: no need to abstain from coitus. Detailed Answer: Dear member, There is no need to abstain from intercourse. The drug does not affect contraception. Thanks. Dr Bhagyashree