Do kids with juvenile diabetes bruise easily when not treated?

do kids with juvenile diabetes bruise easily when not treated for diabetes
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Hari Om Chandrakar 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, there is more bruise in child with JDM.

Detailed Answer:
The presence of high blood sugar predisposes to many severe complications, one of them is easy bruisability !

First of all you are kindly advised to not stop any medication and insulin if at all used by the child, for his ailment, without any advise from your treating Doctor.

There also chance of bruises due to prolonged injection of insulin shots at same area in the body, so its advised to have insulin shots at different parts of body.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help.

Dr Hari Om Chandrakar