Do i need medical help for burning sensation while I urinate inpite of being type 2 Diabetic?

Hi I am a male 79, over recent days I have a burning feeling when I urinate. I am a type 2 .diabetic. Do you think I need Medical help.
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Drink plenty of fluids... Detailed Answer: Hi, Yes, burning sensation while passing urine is a concerning symptoms. It indicates presence of infection. But before you seek medical help, I would suggest that you drink plenty of fluids. You can also use cranberry pills or cranberry juice for its actions against urinary tract infection. You can consult the doctor for urine examination if symptoms don't improve. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards