Do i have herpes inspite of bumps on my penis that turn to blisters and go away?

HIV AIDS Specialist
i have these bumps coming on the shaft of my penis. it always happens after i masturbate without lube or have rough dry sex. they itch then turn to blisters and go away. there is no discharge from my penis it doesnt hurt when i go pee. does this mean i have herpes.
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: Seems to be Genital Herpes. Nothing to worry. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to HCM. Thanks for posting your query. I saw the pictures sent by you. The bumps were not so clear in those pictures. Anyway, the symptoms described by you and the site exposed by your pictures and the small extent of the vesicles I could see in the pictures are fit with Genital Herpes. Itchy or tingling sensations followed by the appearance of multiple, tiny grouped vesicles (blisters), turned out to be tiny grouped ulcers which vanish within few days are the symptoms of Genital Herpes and is caused by a virus called HSV 2. Recurrence is a rule. Nothing to worry.Avoid sex during the lesion and also for few days following the recurrence. There is no known fool-proof treatment to prevent recurrence. Many immuno-modulant measures are tried to prevent recurrences with different rate of success. Specific viral drugs are available to treat this conditions. They can also be tried to suppress the recurrences. Consult your physician and follow his guidelines for further management. Get well soon. Dr S.Murugan