Do i have P Vera inspite of high HCT in my blood test?

Went back to nurse practioner today. Blood test came back high HCT and all other counts normal to slightly low. She says possible P Vera but she's not sure. I have asthma since age three. Three years ago I had a false positive ANA upon further testing blood work came back perfect. Back up twenty five years ago I had a false positive syphliss test again further testing nothing was wrong. I had blood test in July 2013 everything was perfect and now this test is goofy
Posted Fri, 21 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: Needs more information Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX I am Dr Saumya Mittal, MD I dont think you have P vera if your previous reports were normal. However I cannot be sure just yet and request you to upload the exact report. Then I may be able to help you better. A raised hematocrit could even be explained by asthma you have. If you feel breathless, the body increases the hemoglobin production so as to help itself get oxygen. But I need to see the full report. Kindly upload that. Any other symptom you have had recently like breathlessness, cough etc? Awaiting your response. Dr Saumya Mittal