Do home hiv test give accurate results?

I have just finished taking my at home hiv test there is no line visible what so ever on the t (positive) but there is a line at the c (negative) but the line isn't very dark but it is visible. Is this an accurate result ?
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Praveen 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hi.Cam you share some more information please? Detailed Answer: Hi, I deeply understand your concern. HIV infection cannot be detected during the window period. Home HIV tests are not 100% specific. Result might be false negative. Have you had a recent exposure to HIV? When was the exposure? Please feel free to share this information to help you better. Keep us posted. Thanks.