Do high tyroid levels cause tghtening in throat,raspy voice,choking feeling and frequent cough?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Question
i was in the hospital 7 weeks ago with tightening in my thoart they said my thyroid levels were high and to follow up with my family dr which i have done. since than i have developed a rasphy voice lost a few pounds have a choking feeling all the time and have a frequent cough. i have a appointment with an endocrinology but now until janurary 20. i'm scared to wait . what is your opinion.
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Kindly send in the results of your thyroid tests! Detailed Answer: Hi my dear, The symptoms you are experiencing like the tightening in your throat, raspy voice, a choking feeling all the time and frequent cough are indicating for thyroid problems. As you are saying, the findings of your lab results showed high thyroid levels, which need proper treatment and follow up by an endocrinologist. I'd ask to kindly attach and send to me the results of the tests you carried out in order to assist you further! Usually the problems would be nodules of thyroid associated with high thyroid hormone level. They are not as serious as cancer, however thyroid nodules should be properly treated. So, you can get relief of the symptoms. You are also mentioning to be followed up with your family Dr; that's great. If he/she has appointed to an endocrinologist for January, it means that your situation is not an emergency to become scared. Looking forward to have the results of your tests as requested! Thank you! Dr.Bardha