Do gallstones cause diarrhea?

I have had bright yellow diarrhea for 3 days could my gallstones be causing this?
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: Answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. No Gallstones do not cause diarrhea. Only gallbladder removal can cause diarrhea. You have acute diarrhea. The most common cause is infection. A stool analysis may be done for confirmation. Meanwhile you can take probiotics, zinc supplements and yogurt for faster relief. Drink enough fluids and electrolyte solution to remain well hydrated. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini