Do fibroids in uterus cause complications in conceiving?

Hi. I went to do a scan today on my 8th day of my cycle. The endometrium measures 6.5mm. The Uterus is enlarged and contains several fibroids,the largest is 15mm diam,this particular fibroids causes a slight indentation of the endomentrium cavity. Both ovaries seen and appear normal. The left ovary shows a dominant follicle measuring 9x13mm today. No adrexal masses or free fluid seen in the pelvis. This is the scan report i got today. Also this month i was on clomiphene Citrate 100mg day 3-7. The scan showed 3 more follicle on the right but they were small. i wasnt told how much they measures. So my question is what are my chances with the fibroid as i have been trying for a year after i had miscarriage sept 2012. but no success, all the test are ok even my Husband was tested sperm analysis was ok. this month i decided to boost with clomiphene citrate 100mg just for super ovulation but the dominant follicle is one on the left and the rest 3 on the right are small. please help me with the advise. I am using MUCINEX 1200 GUAFENESIN to help my Cervical Mucas and also prenatal vitamin
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: inadequate ovulation Detailed Answer: Hello, There are 2 separate problems here. First, your ovulation is inadequate. You dominant follicle has to be at least 18-22mm to release a viable egg. You need to do follicular monitoring on Day 9,11,13,15 to follow the increase in size. Clomiphene is fine to use. It may require at least 3-6 cycles for clomiphene to work. The other problem is the multiple fibroids. Its not necessary that that will cause a problem with getting pregnant. But sometimes, if the uterine cavity is distorted , it may be difficult for implantation. Right now, ovulation is not adequate which needs to be treated first.