Do exercises reduce the effect of antibiotics?

Dear doctor, I am taking 1000mg of ospamox(amoxicillin antibiotik) daily in two divided doses and and two pills of celestamine(bethamethasone). Meanwhile i am doing my fitness daily. 30 minutes in the morning of ellyptical-bycicle in the morning and 30 minutes in the eveneng, I burn around 200-250 calories per session/(i am 28 years old and 93 kilogramms). Some people suggest that doing fitness during taking antibiotik will downgrade the effect of antbiotik i am taking. please consult me whether i can carry on doing my daily exercise or should i stop it to get the maximum effect from antibiotik. thank you in advance
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Can be done. Maintain Hydation Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern. Antibiotic excretion do occur in sweat. But it is not so significant that the effect of antibiotic will wean off. The only concern which should be kept in mind is that you are on Penicillin group of antibiotics and there excretion occurs mainly through kidney's. So , you should not get dehydrated during your workouts. If you are doing heavy workouts , just keep your self well hydrated. So , as far as antibiotics are concerned , there is no strong evidence that supports that one should not exercise while on antibiotics. However , if your primary condition for which you are on antibiotics requires rest , you should avoid exercises. Being on antibiotics is not a contraindication to exercise. This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any query you may please ask me. Stay Healthy. Dr Anshul Varshney , MD