Do blood pressure medication cause disturbed sleep?

Since last four months I am suffering from blood pressure. I am in supervision of a physician ( MD). Right now I am taking one the morning and one the night. But for last few days I do not sleep well. Today I have measured my blood pressure in the morning as 115/67. Although three days back it was more than 147/85. Dr. added one more tab. of BP AT at that time. What do you suggest ?
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Repeat blood pressure.... Detailed Answer: Hi, As I understand you are currently on two blood pressure medicines. Most blood pressure medicines do not directly impair sleep except diuretic medicine which makes you produce more urine. But if you feel the new medicines had anything to do with sleep, please get it checked with your doctor. As far as blood pressure is concerned, the readings are definitely lower than the previous reading but not in hypotensive range. If you have no dizziness, then I would recheck your blood pressures again on three different days. Based on the numbers, I would decide to see my doctor. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards Regards