Do Xanax and Adderal intake cause behavioural changes?

Hi. My daughter is fifteen years old and unfortunately I have been seeing a little change in her attitude. Very short patience, etc. I have been told that she is taken Xanax and Adderal. I do not know if at the same times whether it be every day or certain days. I would like to have her drug tested. How long does this stay in your system? XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Seven days, in case of chronic use of drug Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, These drugs for sure when taken, especially not for special medical indications, and with specific doses could lead to some personality changes. I do think it is worth testing for these drugs. It might be worth noting that the ability to detect would depend on the dose taken, and also the route of administration of these drugs. Blood detection could be detected differently if tested in blood urine, blood or hair. Even after a few days of use, the hair could be most suited to still detect. In her case, if she has been a chronic user, even if she just stopped, it would be possible to detect the drugs if the last day of use dates even up to 7 days ago. A 7 day window exists for her, in case she has been on this drug for quite some time. Kind regards DR Bain