Do Prontogest and Progynova mask premenstrual symptoms?

Mar 2013
Hi, I am in the two week wait following a frozen embryo transfer. I know that prontogest and progynova will delay my period whether I am pregnant or not. What I would like to know is: do these drugs also mask what my body used to do naturally before a period? For example I know that my breasts get incredibly sore and big right before my period is due, plus I get hormonal spots on my chin and stomach cramping. Will the progesterone and estrogen be preventing everything my body would normally be doing? Or, when the time comes that my period is due will I still feel all the usual symptoms? I just won't bleed. Hope this makes sense?! Thanks
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello How are you doing again ? Yes, Prontogest and Progynova taken together would delay your periods, you would bleed after stopping the medications. Yes, both these external hormones will most probably mask your premenstrual symptoms also, or atleast lessen them to a great extent. You would not feel the usual symptoms, and might feel a completely different set of symptoms, as each woman and her body behaves differently in response to estrogen and progesterone supplementation. Do not read much into any symptom either ways ! The only conclusive way to know if you are pregnant is to have a positive test. All the best again.