Do I risk any infection while having unprotected sex during periods?

I just had unprotected sex with my wife on the fifth day of her period. I have bin exposed to some menstrual bleeding. We both do not have any STI/HIV . Do I risk any infection. Can I take medication to avoid the same.
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 1 hour later
Brief Answer: no risks, no tests needed Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to healthcare Magic! Menstrual blood as such is not a source of infection so there is no reason to be afraid. It is as safe as any other day with your wife. If you are negative for STI then there is no need to do any tests. I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you. Take Care!