Do I risk any infection while having unprotected sex during periods?
User rating for this question
I just had unprotected sex with my wife on the fifth day of her period. I have bin exposed to some menstrual bleeding. We both do not have any STI/HIV . Do I risk any infection. Can I take medication to avoid the same.
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 1 hour later
Brief Answer: no risks, no tests needed Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to healthcare Magic! Menstrual blood as such is not a source of infection so there is no reason to be afraid. It is as safe as any other day with your wife. If you are negative for STI then there is no need to do any tests. I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you. Take Care!
People also viewed
- Decongestant for 1 year old
- Missed period had unprotected sex during safe period pregnancy possibility
- Unprotected sex during periods mensuration stopped can intercourse stop periods
- Long-term effects of hsv-2
- Does doxycycline treat gonorrhea
- Genital fungus in women
- Does having sex while on periods prolong the period
- Herpes effects on men
- Death by sleep deprivation
- Death due to alcohol withdrawal
- Sex during period pregnancy risk
- Dapsone and sulfa allergy
- Bladder infection while on period
- Female genital herpes symptoms
- Declining hcg levels in early pregnancy