Do I need to taper off Zoloft before taking Celexa?

Dr. had me on Zoloft for one month. Changing me to Celexa. Do I need to taper off Zoloft before taking Celexa?
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Behar Greca 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Wait for 14 days before you start Celexa... Detailed Answer: Hi, thank you for posting your query here. Yes, you have to stop taking Zoloft before taking Celexa. At least 14 days should be allowed after stopping ZOLOFT before starting Celexa. When you stop taking Zoloft you should stop it gradually. The last week you take Zoloft you should Zoloft 25mg 1 pill a day. And then you should wait for 14 days before you start Celexa. You should contact your psychiatrist. Ask me for any doubts. Dr. Behar.