Do I need to get tested for STD and HIV after having protected oral sex?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
Sir/Madam , I have done a stupid act in my life . I went to Massage center i got a body to body massage the lady was topless and she was wearing her under garment . I was nude and she ended me with a happy ending and protected oral sex ( I was wearing a condom) but their is no intercourse or Anal sex. please help me i wont repeat this kind of stupid act again 1. Will i get HIV 2. Will i get std 3. Do i need get tested for std and hiv , if it is when i need to get tested 4. iam i at risk please help me Thanks No name
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: NOT AT RISK FOR HIV / STD. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. 1. You are not at risk of HIV from this encounter. 2. You are not at risk of STD also, as you just had protected oral sex. 3. There is no need to get tested, if there is no other exposure in the past 4. No, I repeat, you are not at risk. So please do not worry. Do not engage in any risky sexual behaviour in the future also. Take care.

Follow-up: Do I need to get tested for STD and HIV after having protected oral sex? 22 minutes later
Madam , Thanks for your quick response , Yes madam this is the first time i have done , Will get any std from the nude body rubbing which i did today and protected blow job , 100% no need worry and take any test i know iam troubling you by asking this kind of questions . Thanks XXXX

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 6 hours later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello It is no trouble at all. NO there is no need to take any test, unless the girl had some infectious skin disease, which would be apparent. There is no risk of any STD. Take care.

Follow-up: Do I need to get tested for STD and HIV after having protected oral sex? 22 hours later
He-loo Mam , Thanks once again some people are telling for you mental peace you can test , Is it true if i do PCR for HIV ,VDRL after 72 hrs if comes negative can consider it as negative and live peacefully and no further test required , If i want to PCR after how many days i need to do or no need to do any test its my mental problem ? 1. After 3 months the test is negative means can i consider as negative or again 6 months , 12 months i need test again . 2.Protected oral sex practically will not get std but theoretically changes or their is it true . 3. I dont know that girl had skin diseases or other std etc so in this case do u want me to take test or i forgot it and be happy can you please tell me . If i take test it will come negative only once again i thank u all for help and reply . God bless u . Thanks xxxx

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Yes, for your peace of mind you can definitely test. 1. PCR test should be done 2 - 3 weeks after exposure, RNA antigen test after 1 - 2 weeks, but these are expensive. If these are negative, you should still go for repeat testing after 3 months. There is no risk at all for HIV from the behaviour you described. 2. If the test is negative at 3 months, and you have no further exposure, you can consider it as negative. 3. I think you are very worried about the episode. Go for STD screening after 3 months, that will reassure you. IT is just for your peace of mind. Thank you for the appreciation. Am glad I could be of help.