Do I need to get myself tested if I experience repeated migraine auras with no pain?

I have previously experienced two migraine aura's (no pain) which included a couple of days build up with typical symptoms such as a sensation that my tongue feels thick, nausea and general disorientation. However for the last week I have felt these symptoms and more. My chest feels tight and heavy, throat as if someone is gripping it, blood pressure 140/90 which is high for me, tender ribs at the top of my chest and poor circulation. I was told it was anxiety although feel I need tests. I feel slightly breathless and dizzy. Please could you advise?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Follow-up: Do I need to get myself tested if I experience repeated migraine auras with no pain? 3 minutes later
Should I get urgent tests? I have been told to see my GP first and get referred but this can take time.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 22 minutes later

Thanks for your query,

Your symptoms of XXXXXXX thick tongue,disorientation etc fit that of migraines.
Severe cases can also present as breathlessness ,crushing weight on the chest etc.Yes, your pressure is high and that is expected in migraines.

Although the anxiety could be related to this and is probably responsible for aggravating the migraine attack i think that you will need medication to control the migraine.You should get a CT scan of the brain also.Your primary physician will have to prescribe the tests for you.Meanwhile you should find the trigger factor that causes the migraines and avoid that at all costs.Stay out of the light and heat,loud noise.Stay in a darkened room and put ice fomentation on your forehead.Since you are almost 40,your heart needs to be cleared too.

I suggest that you see you primary doctor first and if necessary you will be referred,

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them,