Do I need to be worried about HIV? Done ELISA. Tingling, numbness, hairy tongue, muscle spasms.

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
I will make that question, trying to be clear, exams and symptoms. 41 days after the accident - Elisa 3rd generation and Meia 3rd generation negative. 137 days after - Cmia 4th generation negative cut off (0.11). 205 days after - Cmia 4th generation negative cut off (0,20). 256 days after - Cmia 4th generation negative cut off (0,08). 277 days after - Cmia 4th generation negative cut off (0,07). 286 days after - Cmia 4th generation negative cut off (0,16). 301 days after - Cmia 4th generation negative cut off (0,14). 383 days after - Cmia 4th generation negative cut off (0,15). 424 days after - Cmia 4th generation negative cut off (0,19). 452 days after - Cmia 4th generation negative cut off (0,09). 476 days after - Cmia 4th generation negative cut off (0,11). 509 days after - Cmia 4th generation negative cut off (0,10). 536 days after - Eclia 4th generation negative cut off (0,20). 550 days after - Eclia 4th generation negative cut off (0,17). 570 days after - Cmia 4th generation negative cut off (0,08). 595 days after - Eclia 4th generation negative cut off (0,25).621 days after - Eclia 4th generation negative cut off(0,22).647 days after - Cmia 4th generation negative cut off (0,10). Thanks God. Anti hiv tests, done in four different laboratories. Tests with simultaneous detection of antibodies hiv 1 (group M and group O) and hiv 2, and p24 antigen. 538 days after - Qualitative PCR in real time, limit 50 IU / ml of DNA / RNA. Conclusion: The genetic material of HIV-1 and HIV-2 was not detected in sample. 258 days - Hepatitis C and B negative. 271 days - CMV and EBV IgG reagents. 271 days - 832 CD4, 41%, ratio 1.2. 271 days - 1230 immunoglobulin IgG, IgM 79. 364 days - 800 CD4, 39%, ratio 1.1. 364 days - HTLV negative and Hepatitis C negative. 424 days - CD4 788, 40.6%, ratio 1.3. 437 days - C-reactive protein - 0.13. 550 days - immunoglobulin IgG 1131 , IgA 193 , CD4 1091 , 41,1%, ratio 1,3 , CD19 393 , 14,6%. Symptoms - tingling and numbness in the extremities, excessive cold feet, trembling limbs, lots of folliculitis on the legs and back a bit, alopecia areata, penile candida, acid reflux,dry skin,muscle spasms, hairy tongue. These symptoms accompany me after the accident and are persistent. It is possible many modern tests, have not detected anything? And now appeared to me a bacterial tonsillitis.Thanks. Stay with God. Sorry my English, I'm from Brazil.
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 6 hours later
H,

I really appreciate the courage that you have shown in these challenging circumstances.
As I believe that more information can help a physician help a patient better, I would request you to answer the following questions:

•     How did the accident occur?

•     What were the injuries at the time of accident?

•     When did it occur?

•     What was the treatment provided at that time?

•     What is the treatment that you are taking right now?

•     For each of the complaints that you have mentioned, I would like to know the following

o     When did the complain start?
o     Have the symptoms increased or decreased in severity?
o     Have you noticed any conditions which may exacerbate or relieve your symptoms?
•     Have you been currently receiving any treatment for bacterial tonsillitis?

Awaiting your reply

Get well soon

Follow-up: Do I need to be worried about HIV? Done ELISA. Tingling, numbness, hairy tongue, muscle spasms. 12 hours later
Dr, I'm from Brazil, and it is difficult to be translated. I just wanted to know if so many exams I need to worry about HIV?

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 4 hours later
Thanks for posting your follow-up query.

The answer to your question - To be precise is “NO”.

After so many normal reports it’s definitely “No”.

Hope all is clear; if you do not have any further queries do accept my response.

Get well soon.