Do I have typhoid if I have periodic fever?

hi,i'm 35 years old,male,167cm high and 70kgs of weight.i was having fever periodiclly since last 10 i did my blood test and found widal test,TO 1:160 positive and TH 1:160 positive,AH and BH negative.i was suggested by doctor to take cefixime & ofloxacin tablets for 5 days.kindly guide me if this is typhoid and the medicines are correcct and within what period ill be absolutely ok.thank you.
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 1 hour later

Thanks for the Query.

I Would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Do you have headache?
2.) Do you get abdominal pains?
3.) Do you have constipation or Diarrhea?
4.) Have you eaten outside or have travelled recently?

Your Report suggests Widal test Positive for Typhoid. You have been put on right medications, just take them as directed by your Doctor and go for regular follow up. If you don't show any improvement in 5 days, you will require Intravenous antibiotics, speak to your Doctor. It will take at least 3 weeks for complete recovery if you stick to your treatment plan as directed your Doctor.

Your Treating Doctor will run further blood work and urinalysis, stool culture (If necessary) to know what exactly is causing your Symptoms. Once confirmed, the treatment will depend upon the cause.

Bring in some lifestyle changes:

1.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables, avoid raw ones
2.) Avoid eating out side and eat home cooked warm foods
3.) Drink plenty of fluids
4.) Get adequate rest
5.) Keep your Personal items clean and separate from others
6.) Avoid smoking and alcoholism
7.) Avoid stress, practice relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation
8.) Wash your hands before eating.

Hope I have answered your Query, I Will be available to answer your Follow up Queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.
Follow-up: Do I have typhoid if I have periodic fever? 1 hour later
thanks a lot,as per your questions idont have any headache,abdominal pains,constipation or diarrhea but i travelled outside during these days and had food i'm not having any fever headache or bodyache since last 3 days.still 3 days of medication is left.could you please suggest more.
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 17 hours later

Thank you for Writing back.

You have a travelling history and eat outside which strongly points to Typhoid Infection, but other causes also have to be ruled out. Just complete your remaining course of medications and see for yourself how your body has responded by observing your Symptoms.

See your Doctor even if you have or have not recovered completely, to be doubly sure if you have been completely cured off the infection.

Follow the lifestyle changes which i have suggested to you, stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.