Do I have to worry as I hit my head in the middle left towards the front ?

I stood up and hit my head in the middle left like side towards the front on a mounted deer at the bottom of it and i am worried about all the brain problems you can get can you have something bad happen from that?
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 1 hour later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation at right time.

Important aspects of your query are:
•     28 years old male
•     History of head injury
•     Comorbidity: Sinusitis
•     Worry related to brain problem due to head injury

Our brain is covered by duramater, piamater, skull bone and thick scalp. To cause injury to brain impact should be very severe as our brain is well protected with these structures.
From your description it appear that head injury is insignificant to cause damage to brain.

Following sign and symptoms indicate toward the presence of significant head injury: Loss of consciousness, vomiting, loss of memory and seizures after the head injury. If these symptoms are present than head injury is confirmed by MRI or CT scan of head.

If you are still doubtful, than you can have CT scan of head after physician advice.

Final message to you: worry less and get CT scan of head if warning signs of significant head injury are present.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.