Do I have to eat before taking Postinor? How do I know the drug is working? Had unprotected sex.

Question
Hello Doc. i am 19 and i want to know if i have to eat before i take in Postinor2 and also how would i know if the drug is working. I had unprotected sex in about7 hours ago
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Birth Control

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 50 minutes later
Hello.

Thank you for the query.

You can take Postinor within 72 hours of unprotected sex with or without food. You wouldn't notice any changes after taking the Pill which would suggest that the pill is working.

If at all you have conceived, you will notice Vaginal Bleeding, which would be moderate to severe.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up Queries.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.

Follow-up: Do I have to eat before taking Postinor? How do I know the drug is working? Had unprotected sex. 3 hours later
Dr. XXXXXXX i had my period of flow ended on Thursday and i had a unprotected sex this morning. is it possible i might get pregnant .

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 12 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX

Thank you for Writing Back to me.

Since your flow had ended on Thursday and you have had sex three days later, you wont have any chances of getting pregnant as the fertile period is between the 10th and 16th day of your cycle.

Good Luck.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.