Do I have cancer if I am diagnosed with chronic cystitis?

i am a 26yr old female i was diagnosed with severe chronic cystitis with reactive urothelial hyperplasia without atypia. i also was diagnosed withv severe bilateral hydronephrosis and right kidney infection. I do not have kidney stones but on my cat scan it says that the urinary bladder is decompressed and there is a focal structure that is intimately associated with the distal uterus and cervix. I did have stents put in both my kidneys and the doctors took biopsies of my cervix witch came back negative for dysplasia or malignancy im going to the the gynocologist this week ....What could be going on with me can it be cancer?
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 minutes later

Since your biopsies of cervix have also come negative with no signs of dysplasia, it is not likely to be due to a malignancy of cervix.

A focal structure intimately associated with distal uterus and cervix might be the scar of your previous caesarean sections.

Repeated caesareans are done at the same site and makes the lower uterine segment fibrosed and thickened and might involve bladder wall in the scar tissue.

Even the neck of the bladder might be affected sometimes causing a urinary outlet obstruction- partial leading to a bilateral hydronephrosis in the long run.

Your symptoms are not likely to be due to cancer. There is something mild going on which can be identified only after a physical examination by your gynaecologist.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: Do I have cancer if I am diagnosed with chronic cystitis? 10 hours later
if it is scar tissue causing my hydronephrosis and both kidney and bladder infections what would the treatment be. Would i need surgery and would it prevent me from having more children i also have been trying to have a child for more than a year now without success is could be due to scar tissue or would it be caused by something else.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Thanks for writing again.

Scar tissue does not interfere in you getting pregnant.

The treatment of scarring will depend on the extent of the involvement. Various procedures and surgery can be attempted after proper diagnosis to treat the scarring and obstruction.

You can discuss with your primary doctor under who you may get the tests for the diagnosis done.

Hope my answer is adequate and useful.

Wishing you an early recovery.

Follow-up: Do I have cancer if I am diagnosed with chronic cystitis? 1 hour later
last question i would like to know what kind of prognosis do i have for my severe hydronephrois , kidney infection and severe chronic cystitis .are there any long term health concerns i need to be aware of. Will my organs go back to normal after the obstruction is resolved or will i have permanent damage. i have two small children to take care of and i am very worried that my health wont improve. thnak you for answering my concerns...
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later
Usually the severe hydronephrosis is completely reversible once the obstruction is relieved. The infection can be then controlled with proper antibiotics once the obstruction is cured.