Do GI upsets affect implantation process ?

just had a hatched blastocyst transfer on monday, and since then have had very frequent bowel movements, accompanied by lots of stiffness in the lower left abdommen.Will this affect implantation process?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Teen Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 13 minutes later

Thanks for your query,

No, the implantation process will not be affected by the symptoms of GI upset you have.

Also I can assure you that the symptoms are not directly related to the IVFET (invitro fertilization and embryo transfer ) technique except that it causes mild uterine cramping and spotting during implantation.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.
Follow-up: Do GI upsets affect implantation process ? 9 minutes later
how soon should I expect any of these symptoms of implantation, if the transfer was done monday?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 23 minutes later
Hi again,

Thanks for the follow up,

Since its the Blastocyst which is transfered it would not take more than 3 to 5 days for the implantation to occur. In some the implantation bleeding may not occur giving a false assumption of implantation failure.

Do not wait for bleeding , go for a urine pregnancy test or blood HCG test on next monday, which will give clue into implantation as after implantation the placenta starts developing at the implantation site liberating HCG.

Wish you al the best.