Dizzy spells, urge to urinate and defecate. Had kidney removal surgery due to large tumor. Causes for symptoms ?

I had a kidney removed two weeks ago due to large tumour and have had three incidents in the last week when I felt dizzy and had the urge to deficate/urinate. I almost passed out. Is there a prognosis? I am a 58 year old female
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 8 hours later

Thank you for posting the query.

The passing out, dizzy feeling have probably nothing to do with your prognosis. Metastatic disease must have been ruled out before subjecting yourself to nephrectomy.

All these feelings are probably due to weakness in the body and probably blood loss during surgery.

You must have been catheterised also during surgery and hence rule out good health.