Dizzy, abdominal pain, nausea, hands shaking, sleeplessness. Do you have any thoughts?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
I have been feeling very odd for the past three days. My head feels dizzy/congested, but I'm not sick. I a constant slight pain in my left side, about an inch above my belly button, and if i do not eat for long periods of time the pain increases. A couple weeks ago I went to the hospital because I felt like I was having a heart attack, I had extreme pain a little lower then the area of pain now, but by the time I got there the pain had receded, so not much could be done. Every time I ate for about a week after that I felt nauseous. My kidneys have been checked through blood work. My hands have been shaking for the past few days off and on. I thought maybe I had not been eating enough, or I had not eaten enough protein, but when I do eat the extreme shaking of my hands goes away, but I can still feel my arms trembling. I was sitting on the couch earlier today and I felt like i was going to faint, I just got extremely dizzy, but I was okay after about 30 seconds. I also have been having trouble sleeping throughout my whole night. I wake up at least 6 times in a span of sleeping 7-8 hours. Do you have any thoughts?
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 2 hours later
Your abdominal pain could be most likely an ovarian or hormonal problem or a stress induced gastritis.
First of all you need to be sure that you take a balanced diet, plenty of water and adequate sleep.
Eliminating stress itself can alleviate some of your might take an antacid like pantoprazole as per doctors prescription to see the response in abdominal pain.

You should get your thorough clinical examination by a doctor including vital parameters like heart rate , blood pressure , per abdomen and neurological examination.
If on any medications or supplement please confirm the side effects with your doctor.
If required your doctor might prescribe a mild sedative anxiolytic or start apropriate treatment according to the confirmation of diagnosis.
Do consult your doctor and if pathological causes are ruled out, then you should get anxiety or panic disorder ruled out too. Hope I have answered your query. Please write back to me if you have additional concerns.

Wishing you speedy recovery.

Follow-up: Dizzy, abdominal pain, nausea, hands shaking, sleeplessness. Do you have any thoughts? 48 minutes later
So, I'm sure it is not an ovarian cyst this time, those are much lower and i feel the pain near my pant-line. What do you think is the most probable cause?
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 58 minutes later

Thanks for follow up.

The most probable cause according to site and acute onset could be gastrointestinal pathology like stress induced gastritis or peptic ulcer disease.

But hormonal imbalances may add to the problem and might have generalized symptoms of any system.

Further work up is necessary to say anything conclusive.