Dizziness with movement of head. What is this?

I have a sudden onset of dizziness. It started 4 days ago and feels like I am on a merry go round, the dizziness lasts about 1 minute at a time. When I move my head I get, but not every time I move it
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dizziness with movement of head is commonly BPV

Detailed Answer:

There could be many reasons for this kind of dizziness,the common ones are:

>Rise in blood pressure
>Benign positional vertigo
>Cough,Cold-Sinus related issues

As you said it comes with moving of head at times,benign positional vertigo is more likely.

This is a condition in which when you move your head, you feel dizzy with a tendency to fall at times. This happens due to caused by a disturbance originating inside the inner ear.

Please keep in mind following:

>Be Vigilant. Losing your balance is always a possibility.
>Sit Down. Whenever you feel dizzy, take a seat.
>Be Safety Conscious.
>Know Your Triggers. Preventing symptoms of vertigo by simple measures such as avoiding the positions that trigger it.

If you do not feel comfortable,please visit your primary care physician and get your self examined and treated.