Dizziness with cold sweats. Had sore throat, difficulty in swallowing. Infection?

Question
i keep having dizzy spells, and breaking out into cold sweats for 3 days now......
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 55 minutes later

The above symptoms are commonly seen in low energy levels. Also in some hormonal conditions where the use of energy source is not adequate.But I could not be specific in my opinion with a short history as above.

Kindly do elaborate on your symptoms and give me a detailed description of your problem so that I could understand better and provide you a specific advice.

Anticipating your response,

Follow-up: Dizziness with cold sweats. Had sore throat, difficulty in swallowing. Infection? 12 minutes later
i have had a really sore throat, hard to swallow, runny nose and aching all over for 6 days....but these symptoms have bee improving......the dizziness and cold sweats ive had for just 3 days

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 14 minutes later
Hi again,

Thanks for the information.

With the above description I can be sure of you having a post viral illness problems.

The symptoms sore throat, hard to swallow, runny nose and aching all over for 6 days is typical of viral illness specially for one like common flu.The dizziness and the cold sweats you are having are due to immunological reactions to the dead viral particles in the blood.

This reaction is self limiting and will resolve on its own in 4 to 5 days and is not serious.Need not worry .What you need now is bed rest for 2 to 3 days.The recovery can be fastened by consuming anti-inflammatory medications like Tab Motrin 400mg twice daily after food for three days.Supplementing medication with good protein XXXXXXX food will suffice.

Hope I answered all your questions. Please use any answer clarification before closing and rating this answer. I will be happy to explain or expand on any issue you may have.

regards,

Follow-up: Dizziness with cold sweats. Had sore throat, difficulty in swallowing. Infection? 14 minutes later
Thankyou very much for youre help....hope this dizziness goes away soon

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 13 minutes later
You are welcome. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention, Dr Raju

I wish you a speedy recovery.