Dizziness, vision blurred, nausea, pressure in head, anxious, panicky. Bacterial/ fungus infection?

Hi, I am male, 32 y/o, I have had dizzyness, blurry vision occasionally, feel like going to pass out, nausea, and pressure in head sometimes. Blood tests all good, scans all good, docs say its anxiety/panic, i do panic a bit! Have had for six months or so, and happened when i was rushing around trying to drive through traffic and get to somewhere in a hurry... sounds like axiety but dont feel anxious? my question is, could it be a bacteria/fungus infection and or a ENT specialists problem, THANKS
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 23 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

I understand you want to know if your present symptoms are due to infection or ENT cause.

Infection is ruled out - you do not have fever, blood tests are normal.

ENT reasons for nausea, dizzyness could be due to a condition of the middle ear. But, you do not have vertigo (another symptom like feeling dizzy all the time) and tinnitus (ringing in the ear) which are some accompanying symptoms. But, this is less possible as your symptoms correlate with blurred vision and head pressure which are not indicative of any ENT cause.

I would get these doubts as you have especially, when one is anxious.

Check your asthma medication and dose. Anxiety might be a possible side effect of some known medicines too.

Try relaxation techniques meanwhile, and check on your diet schedule too.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Follow-up: Dizziness, vision blurred, nausea, pressure in head, anxious, panicky. Bacterial/ fungus infection? 37 minutes later
Hi. thanks for your thoughts. In regards to infections, would a mucus test pick up bacteria and fungus in the body that would not show up in the blood tests? i also get ringing in ears sometimes when i have the dizzyness and other symptoms, and when i lean forward i seem to have a fluid sound in my ears like a whoosh sound? Thanks again
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 27 minutes later

Thanks for the reply.

Not really, a mucus test does not always do that. But, other signs are elicited on clinical examination to ascertain the cause.

Well, if have ringing and postural ear symptoms, I would recommend - you to review with an ENT specialist, for a complete ear examination.

I get the feeling you have a latent middle ear infection for a while now.

Nothing to worry, it would need a good course of prescription medicines to remove the infection.
And this might eventually cut down your present anxiety and get you going again.

I hope, I have answered your query.

Wish you speedy recovery.