Dizziness, unable to work, imbalance when standing or sitting. Whom to consult?

From yesterday i have suffering from dizziness. I am unable to work properly. In seating as well as in standing i will some sort of unbalance. I googled something for vertigo and did two-three manual check-up i.e. stand straight with closing eyes, try to put your finger at the nose, but nothing went wrong all are the perfect for me. Kindly tell me to whom i should consult, means, specialist.Kindly help me!
Thanks in advance
Posted Wed, 3 Oct 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Piyush Ostwal 51 minutes later
Hello AAAA

You need to consult a neurologist at your place.

The balance of our body is mainly maintained by inner ear and cerebellum. The problem with either of them can cause imbalance. The doctor will ask you other details of the symptom like whether it is continuous or it comes and goes, any direction, position effect etc. And after examination he may ask for a scan of the brain.

You may also need ENT specialist opinion after neurology consultation.

If you have any more queries, I will be happy to answer.

Good luck.