Dizziness, spinning head, tongue tingles, have diarrhea. What was wrong?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am dizzy head feels like it ius spinning inside. The center of my tongue tingles and have diahrra felt like i was going to passout
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Feeling of dizziness and tingling after a bout of diarrhea is most likely to be due to fluid and electrolyte imbalance in your body.
A generous intake of rejuvenating electrolyte XXXXXXX fluids might help. Apart from the drinks which contain glucose and electrolytes you must have enough water alongwith to combat dehydration.
Other possible cause is low blood sugar - Taking a light breakfast, preferably some lean protein and/or complex carbohydrate with a little healthy fat will be helpful.
Low blood pressure can also be the reason. Breathing deeply will help your symptoms.
Other causes like anemia, cardiac problems, inner ear disease, etc also need to be ruled out if the problem is persistent. A few blood tests and clinical examination will help in the diagnosis.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.