Dizziness, sore face and jaw, vision problem and fatigue after laparoscopy. What is wrong?

I am 3 1/2 weeks post laparoscopy, since yesterday lunch time I have been feeling really dizzy, I had a nap for an hr in the afternoon, hoping it to go away, but it stayed. Driving my car to get my kids from school was a nightmare because I couldn't see very well. Around 6pm my neck started getting really stiff, face and jaw started getting really sore also my back was stiff. I went to bed hoping ill be ok in the morning, but nope all my symptoms are still here. Im eating well, drinking enough water, sleeping ok. Ive also been really tired since my operation, I get tired very easily.
Posted Tue, 19 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello, I would be happy to help...

Detailed Answer:
So you are 3-4 weeks out from your third laparoscopy with extreme fatigue, change in vision, and neck / facial pain. Here are some questions for you to help with my answer:

1. What was the reason for the original laparoscopy?
2. What was the pathology on the ovarian cysts?
3. Have you had a post-operative check at this point?
4. Were there any complications related to any of the surgeries?

Thank you!
Follow-up: Dizziness, sore face and jaw, vision problem and fatigue after laparoscopy. What is wrong? 46 minutes later
1.The original laparoscopy was because the Dermoid cyst I had ruptured, the second laparoscopy I had was because 4 days after my first op I was in so much pain, so they went in and looked around and couldn't find anything.
2.They found a paraovarian cyst, and a small simple cyst, also a very distended sigmoid bowel. normal uterus, ovaries, tubes, normal liver and gall bladder, appendiceal stump sited, nil inflammation. Medical imaging report: complex lesion in the right adnexa (35 + 25+ 47mm) and demonstrates fine XXXXXXX echoes which may reflect either XXXXXXX haemorrhage or alternatively torsion,
3. yes I've had my post - operation check and the surgeon didn't care, he told me he couldn't find anything wrong, he said if I went back to hospital he wouldn't do anything, just monitor me.
4. I did have a tube coming out from my right entry port to drain fluids and I was in extreme pain over night, but from the report there was no complications.

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
Thank you for clarification..

Detailed Answer:
Here is what I think. First you had rupture of a dermoid cyst of the ovary. The contents of this cyst, in particular, are incredibly irritating to the lining of the belly. It is not really a suprise that, even after they cleaned up at the time of the original surgery, that you might still have had some delayed inflammation and pain. I guess in that sense, it is not suprising that they did not find anything new at the time of the second laparoscopy. It is a little confusing that a drain was left in place after the second surgery - this implies that they may have been worried about infection?

Second, the distended bowel might have related to this inflammatory reaction, or perhaps it is something completely new. Were they worried about an injury to the bowel? Is this the reason for the drain? The surgeon did not act appropriately - perhaps they had nothing new to offer, but they should have gone through the process of helping you to figure out what is going on.

One thing that would be very helpful would be to actually see the text from the first and second operative reports. If you could attach copies of these to this question, I would be happy to read them and tell you what I think.

Finally, given your continued symptoms that I summarized before, I think that you need to see a doctor in XXXXXXX Medicine. There needs to be an exploration of your symptoms that goes beyond considering that this is related to complications from a rupture dermoid cyst or complications related to surgery.

I hope that this helps.