Dizziness, sinus headache, gas, orange mucus in stool. What could cause this?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I didnt feel well today like I was dizzy or had a sinus headache then I had orange and mucus in my stool what could be wrong
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in General Health
Follow-up: Dizziness, sinus headache, gas, orange mucus in stool. What could cause this? 51 minutes later
I also have felt gas for several days

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Stool normally contains a small amount of mucus. Lots of gas and indigestion is commonly associated with passage of some amount of mucus and blood in the stools. Since you have passed mucous for the first time, it is not likely to be due to any gut pathology like inflammatory bowel diseases or polyps.But passing stools with visible amounts of mucus repeatedly needs investigations like colonoscopy for diagnosis.
Try to do some dietary changes and lifestyle modifications for relief.

1.Some vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts) and legumes (beans) may worsen bloating and gassiness and should be avoided.

2.Dietary fiber may lessen symptoms of gas and indigestion.

3.Drink plenty of water, and avoid carbonated drinks such as soda, which may cause gas and discomfort.

4.Eat smaller meals and eat slowly to help reduce cramping and diarrhea.

5.Low fat, high carbohydrate meals such as pasta, rice, and whole-grain breads may help .

Reduce Caffeine,Alcohol,Dairy products,Fatty foods,Artificial sweeteners .

You can use some over the counter drugs like pepto bismol, tums, imodium, entrocalm, etc for symptomatic relief.

Daily exercises along with a low fat diet will help you overcome the problems.
In case the symptoms are persistent then consulting a gastroenterologist will be helpful.
Feeling dizzy may be associated with sinus headache. Taking anti allergics, nasal decongestants, tylenol and steam inhalation will provide symptomatic relief.
I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal