Dizziness, shortness of breath, vision problems. Regular drinker of caffeine and alcohol. Causes for symptoms?

I'm a 42 year old male in good health. In September I got prescription eyeglasses with progressive lenses. They did not cause any problems for the first 3 months. I have been on holiday for the past 8 days and not wearing the glasses much. I have experienced dizziness, shortness of breath (a heavy gassy feeling in the stomach), and occasionally feel like I'm going to faint. I typically feel fine in the morning but the symptoms recur as the day goes on.

I don't know if its the glasses of something else? Dehyrdation perhaps? I drink 3-4 cups of coffee in the morning and alcohol as well each night - typically vodka with sparkling water.

I am concerned that these are symptoms of a larger problem. Any insight would be appreciated.
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 7 hours later

Dizziness, shortness of breath and feeling that you are going to faint, cannot be due to not wearing glasses.
It can arise due to multiple conditions which include:
•     Hypertension
•     Angina
•     Respiratory tract infection
•     Stress
I would suggest that you visit your therapy can be started.

Till then, I would suggest the following:

•     Restrict your alcohol intake
•     Take a light diet
•     Do not exert yourself excessively
I hope this answers your query, I will be glad to reply any follow up query that you have.

In case you do not have any further query, please accept the answer.