Dizziness, numbness in fingers, muscle spasm in feet, fatigue, cramping, irritable bowel, low vitamin D. Done sleep study

I've always been healthy, in spite of the fact that i smoked off and on for 20+ years. I quit for good in May 2012. In the past 4 years I have been experiencing the following symptoms and was hoping you could give an opinion on the possibilities.
Vision blurred & need "cheaters".
I get dizzy (sitting or standing).
Irritable bowel issues with severe cramping.
When I turn my head sometimes there is a horrible shock like sensation that radiates up my neck to the point I remain still until it passes, which is approx 10 seconds.
Fingers on both hands sometimes go numb. More the right hand fingers than left but both do it. When I'm exercising my right foot can go numb.
Severe muscle spasms in my feet.
Frequent headaches.
Extreme fatigue, extreme!!
Low B12.
Low Vitamin D.
I have seen a physician who has recommended an MRI of brain & a sleep study. I did hbe a sleep study done for possible apnea but I didn't hbe apnea enough to make an issue of it.
Posted Sun, 23 Sep 2012 in Sleep Disorders
Answered by Dr. Piyush Ostwal 3 hours later

You have many symptoms and I will clarify them individually.

Blurred vision needing glasses may be age related and does not appear to be a related symptom, however you need to consult Eye specialist to rule out Cataract.

Forgetfulness, Frequent headaches, fatigue, dysthymia, dizziness, Irritable bowel - May be due to side effects of Vyvanse. I am not sure, why you are taking it and whether a doctor has prescribed it to you. However, it is not the best medicine to take and use should be strictly taken under medical supervision.

Shock like sensation in the neck appears to be due to cervical spondylosis. When you turn neck, some of the nerves may be getting compressed and that is causing this sensation. You need to be evaluated by a neurologist and probably MRI scan of the cervical spine will be needed. Numbness of the fingers too is related to the same. Numbness in the foot may again indicate lumbar spondylosis and will need evaluation.

Severe muscle spasms in feet - Avoid cold exposure to the feet (put socks) and get your calcium and other electrolyte levels tested.

Low B12 & Vitamin D - ensure adequate intake in the food. If required, vitamin supplements can easily correct these deficits.

I have tried to answer all your queries. If there are any more, I would be happy to help.

Good luck.