Dizziness, nausea, palpitation, heavy chest, stiff shoulder, loose stool. What can it be?

hi I am 42 yrs old mother of two.I feel dizzy,nausea,stiff shoulder for days,chill,palpitation,loose dark stool,heavy chest.No history of serious illness.what can it be?
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 45 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare magic!
Your age is borderline age in which some females have symptoms related to declining female hormone levels which is a phase called climecteric.
The patient typically feels the Hot flushes- unexpected sense of warmth/chills and nausea, sweating which come in episodes, mood swings, irritability, sad mood etc.
The menses may be irregular and decrease in amount.The body gets adjusted to the new levels of hormones soon in few months in some, if not so then may be you will need treatment.
If this has just started then may be due to some gut infection leading to these troubles, in that case you will need prescription antibiotics.
Another possibility is of Hypertension and still another of an anxiety state.
You should get a clinical assessment in person by a physician of your locality to pin point the diagnosis so that a treatment if required can be started accordingly.
I hope you would get benefited with my advise.
Wish you a good health.
Follow-up: Dizziness, nausea, palpitation, heavy chest, stiff shoulder, loose stool. What can it be? 20 minutes later
Dear Dr choudhary,
thank you for your prompt reply. while my full blood test results are pending,its a slow process which takes about 4 days ,its a pain in the neck,I feel so unwell and still have to wait for the results.
I feel thirsty all the time,heat in my throat,my blood pressure is normal but heart beat is about 80-90 /mins which my doctors said is normal due to anxiety.But I feel palpitations even at rest.My heart beat shoot to 100/min when I tool the flus medication contain pseudoephedrine and formoterol. I took atenolol 50mg ,and feel a bit better,it was self prescribed.My weakness of limbs ,chill and thirsts just make me so uncomfortable.What are the test which I should do to confirm I am climecteric?
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 25 hours later
Welcome back.
The constant pain in neck is not a feature of climecteric but it can be a separate problem like osteoathritis etc. and needs assessment by a local physician.
Other features are suggestive of declining ovarian function.
Serum levels of FSH/LH and estrogen are helpful in the diagnosis.
Your heart rate is not much erratic.
Pseudoephedrine and formoterol increase heart rate and best taken only under prescrition.
Avoid taking drugs like atenolol by yourself because they can cause catastrophe at times.
I hope the advise would be helpful.