Dizziness, lightheadedness, blurred vision, blood work normal, done ultrasound of carotids. Could it be pressure on vagus nerve?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i had a slimband 1yr. dizziness, lighthead, blurred vision and trouble focusing after eating and changing position. had ultrasoun of carotids and vertbral arterie, bp med decreased, blood work normal, dizzy spells started 2 months after band applied . weight loss not excessive and i still eat what i want. i fell weak after these episodes that occur almost daily at any time but mostly in am. could it be pressyre on the vagus nerve. help!!!!
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 5 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

I understand your concern.

You have provided with good information, I appreciated it. In order to guide you appropriately, I will need a few more details regarding your problem, so please answer the following questions in as much detail as possible.

Have you checked your blood pressure recently ?

Are you on medication for atrial fibrillation ?

Any chest pain, headache, loss of balance while walking ?

The slim belt is known to cause increase body temperature. This causes increased sweating which can cause electrolyte disturbance due to water and salt loss by sweating.

You need to keep abreast with the management of your blood pressure, cholesterol, Atrial fibrillation and other medical conditions because these are also common causes of the dizziness, blurred vision, weakness. In case of blood pressure fluctuation these symptoms can also occur.

It would be advisable to consult your Doctor and investigate if you are on proper medication dosage and current values of cholesterol, blood pressure, heart rate etc.

Eat balanced diet. Keep well hydrated. Do regular moderate exercise. Try to avoid Slim belt till you get thorough check up by your Doctor.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.