Dizziness in the morning and evening, head heaviness, condition improves on massaging, eye infection. Treatment of symptoms ?

I had dissiness a weak ago in morning what could It be because of I had same in the evening for 6 seconds Then also for this weak there has been heaviness in Back portion of Head it improves with pressing the back neck.Eye infection has also been there inside the eye lids
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later
Your intermittent spells of dizziness which improve on pressing back of the neck seems to be due to cervical spondolysis. Other rare possibilities are anemia, cardiac causes, recent history of viral illness, inner ear disease, etc. So get all these possibilities ruled out.

Most cases responds to anti-inflammatory drugs, anti vertigo drugs like vertigon and cervical collars.

It is important to correct any posture imbalances that you may have, whether in a sitting posture or in a standing posture. It is also very important to make sure that the pillow you use under your head is the correct size and thickness for your body.

Avoid stretching of shoulders, lifting any heavy weights and add diets XXXXXXX in calcium, vitamins especially vitamin D to daily routine. More severe cases may need steroid injections or surgical involvement especially when it is associated with degenerative disc disease. But this should be kept as last resort.

Physiotherapy and exercises also help to increase mobility in your cervical spine. This involves doing flexion, extension, lateral flexion and rotation exercises and should be done under a physiotherapist’s guidance.
You can help yourself by-
1.Sit immediately when you feel dizzy to avoid any possible injuries
2. Avoid taking on high stress or concentration requiring activities such as driving a car or operating machinery if you experience frequent dizziness spells
3.Rise slowly from bed or spend a few minutes in bed before waking up this helps normalize blood pressure
You must consult your physician and get yourself evaluated.
Eye infection inside the eyelids needs topical antibiotics which can be prescribed by an EYE specialist after proper examination.
Hope this answers your query.I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Follow-up: Dizziness in the morning and evening, head heaviness, condition improves on massaging, eye infection. Treatment of symptoms ? 1 hour later
Thanks for your response

I have Seen Dr Shroff in Delhi he suggested some infection in Glands below eye lids and has given some ointment. Also there is a pulling feeling at the back of the head.

One frend of mine has suggested some exercise and improvements are massive.

Do you have a clinic in delhi I can see you. Also the bone near eye brows do pain. Are these symptoms of Spondilytis and can it be cured completely
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
The pain in the eyebrows might be due to the eye infection you are having. Once you recover, the pain will go away.
It is best to do any exercises under the guidance of your physiotherapist after these are advised by your orthopedician.
I do not have a clinic in Delhi. You can consult any good orthopedician there.
Hope my answer is helpful. Write back if you have further queries.
Wishing you a trouble free speedy recovery.