Dizziness, headaches, high cholesterol, low BP, pain in front of head and nose, family history of migraine. Possible cause ?

Hi have just recently started experiencing lighthead, dizziness and headaches. I went to the doctor and found out that i have high cholesterol and low blood pressure. It all started after i caught a cold..a dr said it was sinus related. The pain is in the front and parts of my nasal. My family has a history of migraines is there something that i should really be worried about.
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 2 hours later

Your question is a good one and I will try to provide you with some information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

Regarding dizziness or light-head feeling can be due to problems like migraine, vertigo related to inner ear problems, low blood pressure, sinusitis and intracranial causes. An episode which occurs after cold or headache related to sinusitis. Another reason for your dizziness and headache is vertiginous migraine. I am not in favor of any intracranial problems at this point of time in you.

So i personally feel that the cold has triggered a wave of dizziness and the description of the headache looks like related to sinusitis. However if these symptoms persist you need to exclude vertiginous migraine and benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. I at this movement recommend you to continue the treatment prescribed by your GP for sinusitis and if these recurr and become bothersome XXXXXXX a Neurologist to exclude the said problems.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you find my response to be both helpful and adequate. If you have any additional concerns regarding your question I would be happy to address them.